NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a list of about 1000 entries on an online from an

Customer Question

I have a list of about 1000 entries on an online from an online form. I want to identify which ones are unique. Here's a bit more information: The form is a sign in sheet. People may sign in more than once. Every time they sign in, a new entry will be created. Sometimes the person who signs in is a new person, sometimes it is a returning customer. So the list may include the same person multiple times because he may have signed in multiple times. The record that should be unique is the individual's mobile phone number. However, the mobile phone number may be written with or without dashes (i.e.(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####. Is it possible to use excel to process this list to create a new list which only contains one entry per person where the person's "uniqueness" is identified by his mobile phone number? If yes, I will include a copy of the list for the person who chooses to answer this. Thank you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

I can do this, I have made the offer to do this based on the work involved.

Please accept the offer and we can begin.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I accept an offer? I don't see it.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It should have popped up as an additional service.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm on mobile I'll check when I get back to my desk
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you