NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I work smalls spirits supplier and we are looking easy way

Customer Question

I work for a smalls spirits supplier and we are looking for an easy way to track sales goals and actual sales across multiple brands.
Currently, each brand has its own sheet/tab with monthly goals. Every month we input the actual sales achieved by state. We then have to switch to the next tab and input the sales for the next product and so on.
Versus inputing monthly sales tab by tab, I am hoping to be able to have one working sheet with a dropdown list where we can choose a brand and it populates all the monthly goals by state.
Here is the tricky part. I would like to be able to input this months sales, then choose a different brand from the dropdown list AND have all the actual sales data that I just entered be saved and show the data for the NEW brand. If I switch back on the dropdown list, all previously entered data should populate and be available.
Is this possible?
Thank you very much for your help,
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Carlos, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please send me a dummy copy of your Excel file so that I can check your spreadsheet structure and see what I can do. Regarding the "tricky part" that you described, it is not possible to do that in a single sheet. Your best alternative is a Summary Sheet or a Dashboard that will display summary information, but this sheet SHALL NOT be the same sheet where you enter your sales data.

You can use the paper clip icon to attach your dummy Excel file.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jess,Thank you so much for your help.Okay so I understand the concept of the summary sheet. That could be very helpful. I was just hoping to avoid having to work in a number of different tabs at the bottom. Will this be our only choice?Attached you will find the excel sheet I am working on.Thank you,
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with the Excel file. Yes, that is only your best option and you cannot avoid those tabs if you want to organize your data that way.

Please give me a moment and allow me to check your Excel file first.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, Jess.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome, Carlos and thank you for your patience. I am now checking the structure and data of your file.