NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Claudette, I have lots of large documents. I setup a TOC to

Customer Question

Claudette
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have lots of large documents. I setup a TOC to make it easier to navigate them. Have never had a problem ever before over decades of use on different computers - including this one. Now I'm getting a msg that this request has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer ??!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If my chat is saved - and since you now have my entire $36 (before answering) - do you think you could have a technical support person answer my question??!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jason - you appear to be online right now - is that true?

Yes, that is true.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've been very frustrated with your company and have started reading all of the complaints -- I hope they are not true! I asked my question yesterday, was directed to a page that said I would pay 1$ initially and the remaining $35 when I was satisfied with my response. All $36 were taken, and I STILL don't have an answer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I see my question above - so, you have the question about my non-functioning TOCs - - - what is the answer?!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jason - you aren't replying -- are you gone -- ??!

At first the deposit is $5. Once I picked up the question, the rest of the initially agreed upon charge of $36 was charged. You may see a couple hundred complaints online, but you will see millions of happy customers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You ALREADY HAVE my 36$ and I have NO ANSWER??!!

That is how it works. You are always eligible for a refund. Do you want the refund?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO! I WANT the ANSWER!!---WHY ARE YOU GOING 'ROUND-ROBIN WITH ME?????????!!!!!!!!! If you're truly a microsoft expert, answer the damn question!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well...????????????????????

You are asking about cost. I am just here to help. I will opt out and allow another to help. I will not be yelled at.

Thank you,

***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am NOT asking about cost - I am asking WHY my TOCs have stopped working with a message that the computer is restricted. And you would be frustrated too if your money was gone, and you NEED the answer, and contacting you guys is SO hard
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 11 months ago.

Good evening! My name is ***** ***** I am a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist. I know you've experienced some frustration regarding this issue and our response to it, but I have some ideas about how to troubleshoot this issue and would be pleased to work with you if you're still interested?

There are a couple of things that can cause this problem to happen, one of the most common being a recent uninstallation of the Google Chrome web browser. To rule that out: have you recently uninstalled Chrome?

If so, no problem...it's fairly simple to fix. Just let me know, and we'll start there!

(P.S. I'll be ducking in and out of here for the next hour or two -- getting my little ones a bath and to bed. If you send me a message and I don't respond right away, please know that's why. However, I'm very interested in helping you get this resolved and will receive any messages you send me, as well as will respond ASAP.)