Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  MS Office expert
30970729

I am running ms access on both my laptop and a workstation

Customer Question

I am running ms access on both my laptop and a workstation in the office. Both are 2013. On the laptop if I import a excel spreadsheet it gives me options to set the field names and type of field it is or let it use the first row as the field names.
Is their option I need to set..
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Bill,

Yes, you will need to select your required option, depending on how the data is arranged on the spreadsheet.

Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sorry I mean that on my desktop the ability to set the option does not come up MS Access just loads the excel file and the first row goes in as data.

It also does not give me the option to change the column attributes on my desktop as does my laptop.. Was there a problem with the installation?

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Could you send me a screenshot of the options where they do show for you on the laptop?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

After I select the excel file and the screen comes up to select the sheet the inport wizard just loads the file. No other options.