Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a list - 10K entries of customer ids. Some id's

Customer Question

Hi I have a long list - 10K entries of customer ids. Some id's appear once, others appear 2, 3, 4 etc times.
I need to know how many appear once, twice, etc.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you send me the Excel file with those 10K records so that I can do this for you? If that is not possible, can we do a Secure Remote Assistance so that I can directly work on your Excel file while you watch?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can't you just explain how to do it? I do not to pay extra for a remote connection and the data has customer ids - so I do not feel ok sending it. Thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for writing back and I understand your concerns. It will be very difficult for me to build the formula without sample data. I can create sample data for you but I cannot guarantee that my sample data is similar in type and structure with what you have.

Can you at least copy some of your data, in a NEW Excel file, and attach here when you reply using the paper clip icon?

Just provide about 20 to 30 of the 10K IDs and other related info so that I can build a sample formula for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ah - good suggestion - a very small sampling. The customer ids are basically emails - so I attached a small sample - like I said I have 10000 record - I am trying to figure out how many customers bought once, how many bought 17, etc. Thank you!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the sample. Please give me a moment.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Here is the final file:

http://filesxpress.com/d-8a5e902c

We need a helper column to collect ALL unique and distinct emails.

Using the helper column, we can then come up with the COUNT of these unique emails.

Just expand the formulas to cover ALL 10K range.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you! it is late here so I should sleep - I will test this tomorrow am and send you some stars! Thanks!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. Please take your time.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess