NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I can't get web queries to work on excel if a login in

Customer Question

I can't get web queries to work on excel for mac if a login in required for the webpage
JA: I love the irony of this stuff being called a productivity tool, lol. I'll hook you up with the Microsoft Office Technician who will get you productive again. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have .iqy files, but they don't import any data from a webpage that requires a login.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Microsoft Office Technician should know?
Customer: I'm fine with setting up a keypass or one-time login method so this will work going forward, like I do on Windows
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free

Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me a little more about this problem?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can run the default .iqy files on excel for mac 2016 but on a website that requires a login/password, I can't get any data imported into Excel.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need the syntax of the POST parameters, and in particular, for one website
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you guys solve this or not? I'm heard nothing from anyone that addresses the issue.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ha, first it was $26 and now it's $45. What's the syntax for the POST parameters of a .iqy file? Here's the in HTML. I need to be able to log-in in order for the page to load and the .iqy file to return data.It should be something like
email=value?password=value
but I can't find any details about .iqy files for Excel for Mac, case sensitive, or not, whether the submit parameter needs to be included, etc.

Yes, there is an extra fee for the remote because it takes more of my time. I will opt out and allow another to take over because it appears that you do not wish to work with the remote session.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've clearly written out the question that needs to be addressed. Does anyone know syntax of POST parameters for a website with a form tag as I showed in the screenshot?
I can't get the HTML tables to import into Excel because I can't get logged into the website via the .iqy file. Is there another way for Excel to pick up the login, like typing it into Safari once and having it saved somehow?