caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

Excel Issue Need help with designing an excel sheet that has

Customer Question

Excel Issue
Need help with designing an excel sheet that has one column that requires a drop down data list - this list needs to allow multiple sections to be made. I need to be able to search through the sheet including the multiple sections and sort. Anyone available to get this sorted in the next 4 hours.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  caraleneK replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please attach this spreadsheet for me to get this done for you .. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Caralene,
I've attached the spreadsheet.
See next post with my message.
LIZ

Thanks let me have a look at it

Thanks do you want the Events, Task List Event 1, Tasks Event 2, and Task list Event 3 as a drop down boxes ???

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am building an Task List/To Do Sheet for various departments who work collaboratively on projects/events.You can see the names of the columns, Name of Event, Date of Event, Host, Task, Due Date, Assign to.I need to be able to sort on each column but the Stakeholder column/s needs multiple departments listed and each one needs to be ‘sortable’ presented in a drop down box. Reason is several departments could be involved in one task and could all be ticked/selected when the task is entered. I've put the Departments/Assign to on their own sheet for now.The logic is our event coordinators will be assigned an event, go to the established list of tasks for that event, paste it on the 2016 Events sheet (at the bottom) delete what isn't relevant, assign dates to the tasks and departments and then re-sort the sheet to have the earliest date at the top. We can sort the sheet by event, tasks, departments, due by dates ideally.Does that make sense?
LIZI've placed this column in the hope that multiple departments are tickedI know I need to use Data/Validate but I can't work out the multiple choice data validate area.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you do that for me on that sheet? Will I be able to sort / filter including the assigned to column where there are multiple selections?

Yes I can do it for you will send you the spreadsheet back when done .. Please remember to rate the service when complete .. Chat soon

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
5 Stars so far

Thanks will update you soon

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi - any idea when you can send sheet? Need it asap if you can help.
LIZ

Sorry will send it in the next 10 min

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
many thanks

Please fine attach spreatsheet

Sorry please pickup the spreadsheet from here http://wikisend.com/download/709546/2016+Events+example+document.xlsx

Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi
It is the Assigned To that needs to be in a Drop Down Box and it needs to allow multiple selection - i.e. the list that is in the Sheet Data is the one that needs a Drop Down Box - and I need to be able to select multiple departments in that list and then be able to filter/sort on those selections. Can you adjust it to do that please?

thanks for the feedback will do

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Karalene -- could you send through soon? Thx LIZ

Aare you still online ??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
still here

I waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI
I've attached my sheet with a note pointing to the column that I need to enable 'multiple' selection in
I understand you need to use the VBA code to do that I just can't work out how!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello - did you get the sheet?

Yes thanks I working on it

Hello again , After working on your document it keep on crashing excel ..so I firs need to fix this problem know but have a look at this site

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html I use the VBA from here