caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

Excel Issue Need help with designing an excel sheet that has

Customer Question

Excel Issue
Need help with designing an excel sheet that has one column that requires a drop down data list - this list needs to allow multiple sections to be made. I need to be able to search through the sheet including the multiple sections and sort. Anyone available to get this sorted in the next 4 hours.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please attach this spreadsheet for me to get this done for you .. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caralene,
I've attached the spreadsheet.
See next post with my message.
LIZ
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks let me have a look at it

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks do you want the Events, Task List Event 1, Tasks Event 2, and Task list Event 3 as a drop down boxes ???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am building an Task List/To Do Sheet for various departments who work collaboratively on projects/events.You can see the names of the columns, Name of Event, Date of Event, Host, Task, Due Date, Assign to.I need to be able to sort on each column but the Stakeholder column/s needs multiple departments listed and each one needs to be ‘sortable’ presented in a drop down box. Reason is several departments could be involved in one task and could all be ticked/selected when the task is entered. I've put the Departments/Assign to on their own sheet for now.The logic is our event coordinators will be assigned an event, go to the established list of tasks for that event, paste it on the 2016 Events sheet (at the bottom) delete what isn't relevant, assign dates to the tasks and departments and then re-sort the sheet to have the earliest date at the top. We can sort the sheet by event, tasks, departments, due by dates ideally.Does that make sense?
LIZI've placed this column in the hope that multiple departments are tickedI know I need to use Data/Validate but I can't work out the multiple choice data validate area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do that for me on that sheet? Will I be able to sort / filter including the assigned to column where there are multiple selections?
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can do it for you will send you the spreadsheet back when done .. Please remember to rate the service when complete .. Chat soon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 Stars so far
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks will update you soon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - any idea when you can send sheet? Need it asap if you can help.
LIZ
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Sorry will send it in the next 10 min

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Please fine attach spreatsheet

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Sorry please pickup the spreadsheet from here http://wikisend.com/download/709546/2016+Events+example+document.xlsx

Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
It is the Assigned To that needs to be in a Drop Down Box and it needs to allow multiple selection - i.e. the list that is in the Sheet Data is the one that needs a Drop Down Box - and I need to be able to select multiple departments in that list and then be able to filter/sort on those selections. Can you adjust it to do that please?
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

thanks for the feedback will do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Karalene -- could you send through soon? Thx LIZ
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Aare you still online ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still here
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

I waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI
I've attached my sheet with a note pointing to the column that I need to enable 'multiple' selection in
I understand you need to use the VBA code to do that I just can't work out how!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - did you get the sheet?
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Yes thanks I working on it

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello again , After working on your document it keep on crashing excel ..so I firs need to fix this problem know but have a look at this site

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html I use the VBA from here