NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have information of several categories in one spreadsheet,

Customer Question

Hi-
I have information of several categories in one spreadsheet, each line of data includes an identifying name for the category. I would like to be able reference the data into several other separate spreadsheets based upon the category to which it is identified, and have each line of data update in the separate spreadsheets as more data is entered into the main spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this and if so can you tell me how?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

can you possibly send an example of what you are looking to do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No- if I could create this example I would not be asking how to do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS ANYBODY THERE?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i mean send an example file of how the data is arranged and the type of output you are looking for

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM SORRY - HOWEVER I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE GOING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND I THINK IT WILL BE A WASTE OF TIME WAITING FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND AND ANSWER THE PROBLEM.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I see we are not off to a good start.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for an excel file that shows how the data is arranged and how you want it to look.

Without that it would be very difficult to help you, a spreadsheet can have basically anything in it.