NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2013 to which I will

Customer Question

I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2013 to which I will continue to add data. I saved the document without incident. Now when I open Excel, the document only opens as a window above the Excel icon on the task bar and it will not maximize into the working spreadsheet. I'm not sure what I did wrong to cause the problem. I cannot get Excel to open into the normal format at all. It appears on the task bar and displays the miniature picture of the spreadsheet - that's all. If I cannot get Excel to open I cannot even redo a second spreadsheet.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Are you unable to open Excel from the Start menu to load a blank workbook? If you have not tried it, please do the following:

1. Open Excel normally from the Start menu or from an icon on your desktop
  2. If it loads a blank worksheet, go to File => Open then load the desired file.

Please let me know your results by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess