NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

In Excel, I am just about done building a pretty cool

Customer Question

In Excel, I am just about done building a pretty cool dashboard showing website performance data. I've currently set up a formula which provides the singular (daily) trend of a located within a for a . My goal is to provide this trend, but allow for the data to be summed based on a granularity chosen by the user, in accordance with a fiscal calendar. The granularity would be fiscal week, fiscal month, fiscal quarter, or fiscal year.
I'm experienced with Excel, so am looking for help resolving this (and am willing to contribute to figuring out the solution) -- I'm just stuck right now. It will likely be more helpful to do a screenshare, and I'm prepared that I'll be paying for the time since it's likely more of a 15-30 minute question.
Thanks!
Elizabeth
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is the spreadsheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqyxs9i7yecmcbq/Generic%20Workbook%20for%20EE%20Question.xlsx?dl=0Tab
eComm PerformanceFormula location
e11, e12Current State
The formula looks for the date in the column to the left of the formula (set by Z6), then looks up the named range (as chose by F6, P6) and the column as determined by the metric chosen (cell E10).The dates in column A are currently populating each day individually, and end on the End date as chosen by AJ6.Goal
Return a summed value of of the Metric (E10) with the named range (F6, P6) starting on Z6 and ending on AJ6 according to the granularity chosen by the user which would be Week, Month, Quarter, Year. The catch is that the granularity needs to match the week as defined in the Fiscal Calendar tab.It'd probably be easy to do a screenshare as well, so let me know when you're available.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Can you upload a sample Excel file so that I can takea look?

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Sorry... I just saw that you did. I will take a look at it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sounds good, you can call me at(###) ###-####if you have any questions. I'll be available all evening.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hey Michael - how's it going? Do you think it's going to be something you can solve? Let me know if not so I can engage more help, I'm on a bit of a tight timeline and am looking to have some progress on this for tomorrow. Thanks so much.