Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  MS Office expert
30970729

ON EXCEL SOLVER AND I KEEP PUTING IN THE THE SET OBJECTIVE

Customer Question

I AM WORKING ON EXCEL SOLVER AND I KEEP PUTING IN THE THE SET OBJECTIVE REQUIRING A FORMULA, BUT WHEN I TRY TO PUT IN A FORMULA IT SUGGESTS THAT I HAVE ONE CELL. WHEN I PUT IN ONE CELL IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. AM I SUPPOSE TO PUSH A CERTAIN BUTTON TO GET THE SOLVER TO WORK?
JA: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else the Math Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Math Tutor about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Michael,

In the Solver Parameters dialog box, click Load/Save.

Then enter a cell range for the model area, and click Save. Enter the reference for the first cell of a vertical range of empty cells in which you want to place the problem model.