NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a split database that was developed by someone else.

Customer Question

I have a split database that was developed by someone else. I added a sub-form and a table. I can see the information in the front end when I pull up a file but when I pull up the table or try to run a report, there is no data.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ComputerChic replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today. I'm going to ask you some questions to help figure out the problem, okay. May I ask which database you are

using? SQL or Access? What system your running on i.e. Windows 7, Vista ect? Are you getting any errors or just empty reports? Once I have this information I can help you better.

Thanks, Amy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its ACCESS and I have it loaded onto a server in one office that everyone can access and I have it on my laptop which has Windows 7 and Access 13 on it. I have the same problem on both systems.

Hi there, sorry my response took so long, I was a little ill last night.

With the Access Database and multiple users the Front-end data files need to know where the

Back end files are. If the Network file (that everyone uses) gets moved then Access

won't be able to find it unless the UI Builder in Access is used to find the file you need or you can pro grammatically do this as well.

• So I would like you to check to see if the Back end data file(Tables only in this file) is in the correct place, on a network folder.
  • Having a persistent connection to your data file helps with multiple users.
  • Check to be sure your linked tables on your laptop have the same path as your your networked pc.(this way you don't have to remap your linked tables.
  • Another thing to check is being sure the machine that your Database resides on is on when you try to access the data file.

Thank you for using Just Answer, let me know if this corrects the problem. Thanks,

Amy