NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a Dell laptop that I bought a couple of years ago and

Customer Question

I have a Dell laptop that I bought a couple of years ago and I hated it so much that I put it In The closet and forgot about it.. Now I want to give it to my daughter. I had not yet activated the Microsoft office and now (because we have moved twice) I cannot find the product key info. Is there any way to validate my ownership of this computer and software so I can make this laptop usable for my daughter!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you remember if you had purchased Microsoft Office previously? And did you get a product key previously?

Did you purchase Microsoft Office online or in-store previously?

What is the version of the Microsoft Office?

Does the Dell laptop have Windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The software was purchased with the computer-already installed-just needed to be activated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10

Did you purchase both the computer and the Microsoft Office software (not just the computer)?

Usually, Microsoft Office only comes pre-installed with a trial version; you would have to purchase Microsoft Office license.

Do you still have the purchase receipt and/or order confirmation?

Do you remember if they gave you a Microsoft Office product key previously or not?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Sorry, then you would have to purchase a new Microsoft Office. Or I can provide you an alternate Office program that is similar and free. Can I connect remotely to your Dell laptop and install that Office program for you? Please let me know. Thank you.

Or I can provide you the website link you can download and install it.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.