NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Excel 2013 - I have 2 columns. First is machine number, the

Customer Question

Excel 2013 - I have 2 columns. First is machine number, the second is part number. Let's say there are 3 part numbers for 3 different machines. Each part number will be listed on a separate row. So I have 9 rows. The first three rows of the first column are the same (machine number) with a different part number.
I'd like to setup a drop drown option somewhere else on the spreadsheet that will include a data validation field for machine number (I can setup the different machine numbers in a different table), then have another drop down box next to it that will show only the items available for that machine. Is this possible?
I could have a spreadsheet with 1,000's of rows with hundreds of machine numbers. I;d like the ability to select a machine number then have the option to choose only from that machine.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Can you please send me a sample of your excel file? You can attach it here when you reply using the paper clip button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached. Thanks.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I got the file and will check the sample data.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still need assistance with this?