The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I create excel spreadsheets that are typically 5000 rows.

Customer Question

I create excel spreadsheets that are typically 5000 rows long. There are groups of 5 rows that occur between 5 rows to 50 rows apart. I do not want the page breaks to land on these rows. I image a solution that would include having a column outside the print area that identifies the rows that I dont want a page break at. I can imagine that a macro could be installed that set the automatic page brakes and adjust there location above the cells identified as no page break.
thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 10 months ago.

well you have to understand that excel has 2 different kinds of page breaks natural breaks and manual breaks. There is nothing you can do about natural breaks, they cannot be removed but they can be pushed down. So it is entirely possible that doing something like what you want could result in having some very short pages with only a few rows on them and some very long pages.

With that said, it certainly is possible to insert manual page breaks at certain rows, but try to understand the above that will occur.

I just wanted you to have the information so you can decide how to proceed