ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I have a HP computer that is not compatible with Windows

Customer Question

I have a HP computer that is not compatible with Windows Ten. Apparently my computer has NVIDIA GeForce 6150SEN Force 430 and will not allow the computer to get Window Ten. How can I fix this problem?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joan, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I did some research on this for you and apparently many people have reported the same problem, and long story short is that HP and NVIDIA are going to have to work together to get new drivers for that video card developed and released to their customers. Most people are saying that they simply have not gotten Windows 10 to work with their system at all and are waiting HP to release a fix for the problem.

However, there is one person that I ran across who said he was able to get Windows 10 installed by downloading the Win 10 ISO and installing it from a DVD. If you would like to try that, you can download the ISO from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And then once you've installed Windows 10, you can try to install the video card drivers:

64 bit: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/82758

32 bit: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/82701

What you would need to do is download the ISO and burn it AS AN IMAGE FILE, not as a data file, to a DVD. If you don't have experience working with ISOs and need some clarification on that, just ask me and I'll be happy to help with that.

Personally, I think it would be best just to stick with the version of Windows that you currently have until HP releases and official fix for the issue. A lot of people have reported problems after upgrading to Windows 10 as it is.

If you have any other questions on this, just respond back and I'll be happy to help you. And please remember to rate the answer at least 3 stars/OK Service so that I receive credit for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think that HP will release and official fix for this issue?
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Eventually I think they will for sure. They know that they have customers who are going to want to take advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade and it doesn't look good for them to not have a fix in place so that that people can do that. The same goes for NVIDIA. So I have little doubt that they will release a fix, the only question is when. Will it be next week or three months from now? There's no real way to know.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, a lot of people have had problems after doing the upgrade to Windows 10 so I'm not convinced the platform is 100% stable right now. So unless you're just really eager to play around with the latest and greatest, there's no real necessity to upgrade right now. Microsoft will continue to support Windows 7 and 8.1 for several more years to come.

Just let me know if you have any other questions. And please do remember to rate the answer for me so that I receive credit for helping you out with this.