NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Spread sheet, 149,000 entries, 6 columns. want to" if

Customer Question

spread sheet , 149,000 entries, 6 columns. want to " if duplicate entry in "a" , keep A but remove other dups." result all unique, keeping one of the duplicate entries
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 10 months ago.

Can you give me a little more information on "but remove other dups" are you replying to removing the other columns or all the duplicates in Column A and still keep the other 5 columns with the correlated date?

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
see attachment as example
colum A is controll
line 1, ok , leave as is ( unique value in A )
lines 2, 3, 4, 5, have same value ( phone number) , want to remove 3, 4 ,5 , leaving line 2.....deos not matter if remove 2, 3, 4 and leave line 5 , first or last is ok to leave
same as 6,7, 8,9 , remove others leave one line of that A value
lines 10 , 11 , remove on of them
so, want to remove duplicates ( not always true duplicates throught line, cell b , c , d, could be diffrent but that does not matter) LEAVINF ONE origional

Do you want this automated as in run a macro to do what you have you have describe above?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
send u file, reply with edited version. or I do not understand question

I can give you instructions on how to use the tools in excel to do what you have requested or I can create a macro that will complete the same task automatically. I have attached one with what you have asked for.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not sure what a macro is. either way. send instructions I will try

Go to the data tab in excel. There should be a button that says "remove duplicates". If it ask to expand selected just click ok. Click the button unselect all on the screen popup. Then put a check mark in the second box in the list then hit ok.