NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I want to make a combo chart with the following: - I have 2

Customer Question

I want to make a combo chart with the following:
- I have 2 sets of data, one in $, one in numbers (occurrence).
- each set has 7 columns.
- the left y axis is in $$$, the 2nd y axis on right is numbers.
- I want to compare the $ figures with the number columns side-by-side in 5 groups on the x axis. It should read 3 min, 1 min, 233, 144, total. Each group must have all 14 columns.
I've made it, but I cannot separate all the columns. I've tried changing the Series Overlap and the Gap Width, but some of the columns just will not stop overlapping. How do I get column separation for all?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I take a look at the document you have put together so that I can fix it for you?

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
First I had to register as a new user. Then I tried 5x to upload a very simple Excel spreadsheet, and 5x it came back with, "we're sorry, but the requested page has been removed."Now what?

I do not understand what you are referring to. You went to http://www.wikisend.com and uploaded the document? You don't have to create any such account.

- Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to that exact website & tried to upload a 20Kb file. I received that answer. On the site, if you look at the top right, it says sign or new user. So I signed in as new user, then tried again 5 times, no luck. Same message each time. I don't know know what else to tell you.Bruce

Please, upload the document to this page and give me the download link: http://www.megafileupload.com/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
http://www.megafileupload.com/mzgX/excel_Charting_Problem.xlsx

Thank you. Please, describe all what you need for me to do to this document.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1. I would like to have all the columns in the same order as they appear in the table and grouped by each chart type, i.e. ev erything in the row "3 Min" grouped under the x axis heading "3 Min", etc.
2. I want both columns of each type of trade, example: $ Legal Trades-Wins vs # ***** Trades-Wins, side by side for comparison, followed by a SLIGHT gap before the next set. Then when passing to the next chart, 1 Min, a bigger gap.
3. If #2 can't be done, I'll accept all 14 columns grouped together with no gap, but separated, not overlapping.

Thank you for the update.

I will not be able to get this working.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had a feeling before I wrote that my request was impossible with Excel. When I use the same scale for both sets of data, all columns are separated, but 1/2 are invisible because of their small size. The trouble starts whenever I add a 2nd y axis Thanks for trying.