NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am having this issue in excel where I have saved jpeg

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****, I am Dan I am having this issue in excel where I have saved jpeg images on multiple sheets in excel. No all those images are displaying the message "How to fix 'The image part with relationship ID rId1 was not found in the file' in excel" can you advise how I can fix the issue and restore my images?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What technical details do you require?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is the wait? My name is***** don't know why it is displaying my name as ***** *****
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is out top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

May I first ask what your operating system is? Windows (ex. Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10) or MAC OS for apple devices) Also what version of excel you are using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAC OS for apple Mac Book Air
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excel version 2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you encountered this problem before GeekGal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello???
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Give me just one moment please and you will have my full attention.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I have seen this error message before in Multiple Microsoft Office products including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. Often the problem is that the potos that were inserted into the document were inserted from a website, or from a thrid party app that allows you to retrieve photos from the phone. A surefire way around this is to download each f the photos that you wish to use to your hard drive, then be sure to shoose the image that is on th ehard drive when inserting the photo.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is no help whetsoever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the image files stored anywhere else. There are over 700 images that were placed into the excel document and I was hoping you could articulate a means to retrieve them in the excel file?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Please help me to understand why that is not helpful so that I can be more helpful. Are the photos that you inserted into the document already on your hard drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The photos I inserted into the excel document were only saved in the excel document. There is no other source i can get the images from. They were collected over time from various internet sources and copied and pasted into this excel file. I do not have those pictures in alternative sources to just re-post them back into excel. Do you understand the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By telling me to just paste them back in that is not an acceptable solution. I am looking for a technical resolution to this issue as my only source for the images was in this excel file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not paying another $28. When I was already promised by paying the $36 that there would a technical solution to this issue
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

That does clarify the issue. Unfortunately if they are not all located on your hard drive, and you have no way to retrieve them. I know of no way to fix the issue. Perhaps this link to a similar problem and the answer from Microsoft will help you to understand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what did I just pay for? I have paid for $36 to be told there was no fix?? How do I get a refund for this service
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't sound as though I will be able to assist you. I will opt out and see if another professional might be able to better assist you. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hours?? How do I get a refund??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello? you accepted this case (I am assuming think you could just collect the money). That is poor customer service. Please advise me how I can obtain a refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hours was not what Ryan B advised I would have support by to resolve my issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise how I get my refund
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I apologize sir but you will need to go through customer service to obtain a refund. I am a technical contact only. I am not able to issue refunds, nor do I collect payment. Thank you for understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell how I get in contact with customer service? The functionality on this forum is not great
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't even rate your service on this thing as it won't submit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a con if there is no facility to speak with customer service. I signed up for this service purely to resolve this technical issue. You attempted to upset me to a call when you had no technical knowledge to resolve the problem. I want someone to contact me and advise of my refund. This is deceptive and misleading conduct by yourself and this website
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a refund. Where is customer service??