Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I want to print a (same) form day of the year. How can I

Customer Question

I want to print a (same) form for each day of the year. How can I insert a date on each form.
I want to print 365 pages, starting with January 1, 2016 through the end of the year.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you doing this on MS Word or on MS Excel?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Excel
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you have 1 form or Excel sheet that you want to print to 365 copies and you want that the date updates after every printing of the form or Excel sheet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

How many pages are there in the form that you are printing? Only 1 page? If yes, so you are printing 1 page work sheet 365 times and you want the dates to auto-increment?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1 page
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. In this case, you need a macro to process the printing for you where the date in the footer or header is incremented to cover the whole year.

Can you send me a copy of your 1 page form so that I can build and test a macro for you?

You can upload it here in your reply using the paper clip icon. Or you can upload it to http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download link.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have attached file: Se Daily Worksheet Date
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the sample file. Please give me some time to build this macro for you.

I will keep you posted,

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for patiently waiting. Here is the completed file:

http://filesxpress.com/d-b59b39a1

The file is a Macro-Enabled Excel file thus you need to enable the macro when prompted so that the macro will work.

In the file I gave you, when you click on the PRINT button, it will print the form with dates appended or inserted at the left header.

You need to pick the month and then print. The form will be printed with the required dates automatically inserted in the printed output.

However, the printing will be per month, not the whole year since there are months with 28 days, 30 days or 31 days.

In all, you will need to print 12 times (once per month selected).

NOTE: Hitting the PRINT button will print the form to the default printer. There is no choosing of printer. Thus, if you have several printers, set the one where you want to print the form as the default printer.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess