Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

I am trying to figure how to change the username of existing

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I am trying to figure how to change the username of existing tracked changes in a Word doc
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to figure how to change the username of existing tracked changes in a Word docRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/5zqje-change-reviewer-s-name-track-changes-ms-word.html#ixzz3v5Ur5IPB
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Microsoft Office Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to delete this question. Figured it out myself.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

You cannot change the names on existing comments, but you can prepare the document to make all comments anonymous. To do that, please do the following:

You can save a document without the names or initials of reviewers who are associated with the document.

Please let me know if this does what you need or if you have additional questions.

1. Open a document that has been saved with comments that you want to make anonymous.

2. Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Prepare, and then click Inspect Document.

3. Click Inspect.

4. Click Remove All next to Document Properties and Personal Information.

IMPORTANT Do not click Remove All next to Comments, Revisions, Versions, and Annotations, which will permanently delete all of the comments from the document.

5. Click Reinspect, and then save the document.

When you reopen the document, all comments that appear in the document will appear without names or initials, but the comments will still be there.