caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

Yesterday I downloaded a Kaspersky security program suitable

Customer Question

Yesterday I downloaded a Kaspersky security program suitable for Windows 10. As soon as it finished downloading my computer crashed. The only way I could start is was byresetting/refreshing it. when I did so I lost 20% of my programs, including Kaspersky Security and Word 2013. My files in Word 2013 were reformatted into Microsoft Office in notepad. I was unable to resuscitate the original Word 2013 files.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  caraleneK replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Let start with word you will need to reinstall word or office to fix this problem . Let me know if you need more info on how to reinstall word / office please. And also confirm you have install 2016 versions of Kaspersky Lab products are another option for you that we feel is the best one as it supports Windows 10 by design. If you like I can log on to your machine and fix this problem for you. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know I can always purchase Word 2013 and download the program, but I'm looking to retrieve the files I lost on the computer or a method to return them to Word 2013 format.
Since my computer crashed immediately after my installing a Kaspersky program specifically designed for Windows 10,
would it be wise to think the same response will not occur the second time?

Thanks for your feedback let load a trail version of office 2013 and see if your notepad doc changes back to word doc https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-office-professional-plus-2013 let fix you office if done I will help you with Kaspersky the only eversion what works well on windows 10 is Kaspersky Lab products the crashed happened because of compatibility problem. Or I can log on to your machine and help you. Waiting your feedback