Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I know how to expire excel files with macros but have not

Customer Question

I know how to expire excel files with macros but have not figured out how to expire a powerpoint slide presentation using macros, how can I get this done so I can change the expiration date on future presentations as needed
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello Leonard, and thank you for choosing JUSTNSWER.com

.

Files containing macros are often classified as suspicious and it would have to be set up to force a user to enable macros to view the information - people and IT departments are very suspicious of such files.

.

Case studies abound where a screen scrape (e.g. simply photographing the screen, taking screenshots, or using CamStudio) has subverted even the tightest restrictions.

.

So, I would suggest a DIFFERENT way of causing an expiration date to occur. Besides, its SO EASY to just make a copy, and/or edit the macro's you have enlisted to act as a way of expiration. Its certainly not the most effective.

.

I suggest using the IRM within the MS Office products

.

IRM helps to do the following:

• Prevent an authorized recipient of restricted content from forwarding, copying, modifying, printing, faxing, or pasting the content for unauthorized use

• Prevent restricted content from being copied by using the Print Screen feature in Microsoft Windows

• Restrict content wherever it is sent

• Support file expiration so that content in documents, workbooks, or presentations can no longer be viewed after a specified period of time

• Enforce corporate policies that govern the use and dissemination of content within the company

Did you have any follow-up questions?

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance when you get a chance.

.

Thank you!