Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

REVERT BACK TO 7 FROM 10

Customer Question

REVERT BACK TO 7 FROM 10
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You can revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 within 30 days of installing Windows 10. Pleas try the following steps:

1. Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen)
  2. , then click on Settings
    ; (if needed, click on the 3-bar icon first, then click on Settings)
  3. , then click on Update & security
  4. , then click on Recovery
  5. , then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version, and continue.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PAST THE 30
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
KEEPS DOWN LOADING THEN REVERTING BACKTO PREVIOUS VERSION COMPUTERB IS TOO OLD TO HANDLE ALL TH BS

I'm sorry. When you click on Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery, do you see any factory reset option or something similar?

What's the model of your computer?

Do you have the windows 7 disk / recovery disk?

What's the issue with Windows 10 that you needed to revert back to Windows 7?

Can I provide you a program that make the interface looks similar to Windows 7?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can make your computer works like Windows 7 again? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1 HP p6733w. 2 HAVE DISCS BUT WHEN COMPUTER WAS NEW ON CLOSEOUT OUT OF WALMART. 3B UPDATES THEN REVERTS BACK. 4 NO.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
USED TO BEE WIN ULTIMATE BEFORE UPDATE NOW IT IS PRO

You would need to boot the (1st) recovery disk in order to reinstall Windows 7. This can be complicated.

It's easier to make Windows 10 works like Windows 7; I can make the interface looks like Windows 7 for you. If you do not like it, then you can use your recovery disks to install Windows 7.

Thank you.

You can try this first: Shut down computer, then turn it back on, then right away, keep tapping the key F11 and see if a recovery manager menu appears, then do a System Recovery. Full instructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418#AbT3

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I WOULD RATHER REVERT BACK TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE HOW WOULD THAT WORK

For reverting back to Windows 7, make sure to back up any data, such as documents, pictures, etc. you want first, to a USB drive

, then here are the solutions to get back to Windows 7:

Solution #1:

Shut down computer, then turn it back on, then right away, keep tapping the key F11 and see if a recovery manager menu appears, then do a System Recovery. Full instructions:

Thank you.

Solution #2:

- Insert the 1st recovery disk (or insert the Windows 7 disk)'

, then shut down the computer, then turn it back on, then right away, keep tapping the Esc, then when the boot / startup menu appears, press key F9, then select the CD/DVD device, then press Enter key, then rpess Enter key again when prompted to boot from CD/DVD drive..., then install. Full instructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418#AbT4

Thank you.

Solution #3:

- If you do not have any recovery disk or Windows 7 disk, then you can get it from HP at the website below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/5035348/model/5049545/softwareitem/LQ078AV/step1

; once you get the recovery disks from HP, then use Solution #2 above to install it, or see full instructions at

Thank you.

Since it's past 30 days of Windows 10 installation, so you have use one of the solutions above. This can get complicated for you, and after installing Windows 7, you have to reinstall your programs that you need. If you'd like to try out, I can try getting Windows 10 works the same way as with Windows 7 for you. This will make things easier for you. And if it does not work for you or if you still do not like it, you can use any of the previous 3 solutions.

Have I answered all your questions? And/or do you still need help with this?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.