Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have a new Microsoft natural ergonomic 4000 keyboard,

Customer Question

I have a new Microsoft natural ergonomic 4000 keyboard, which I love. However, what happened to the F keys? I used the F4 many times to repeat a formatting operation, such as changing the size or color of a specific word in my writing.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you make sure the key F Lock is turned on, then check?

Note: the key "F Lock" is located next at the top, next to to the key "Print".

- If needed, make sure you have installed the software Mouse and Keyboard Center and/or software IntelliType for your keyboard:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000

, and if needed, try the key F Lock again to turn on the function keys (F keys) and check.

If that still does not work, was there any trouble installing those software? And do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.