The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

How do I download data from excel (Name & Address) into

Customer Question

How do I download data from excel (Name & Address) into labels in word or any other software so that I can print labels or envelops?
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I thought someone was ready to work with me!
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Which year of Word do you have?

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 12 months ago.

these are generic instructions for word 2007 or later. If you need further assistance I could offer remote support where I can show you how this is done. There will be an additional fee for that service.

1. open word
2. click the "mailings tab".
3. click "start mail merge" and select "step by step wizard"
4. select the "labels" option and click "next starting document" in the "mail merge" pane
5. select "change document layout" and click "label options" in the "mail merge" pane
6. set all of your desired label options and click "ok" to close label options window
7. click "next select recipients" in the "mail merge" pane
8. leave "use existing list" checked and click "browse" in the "mail merge" pane
9. find and open the excel document that you have your addresses in and click "open"
10. select the worksheet that the data is in and click "ok"
11. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE YOU SELECT YOUR RECIPIENTS. in the recipients window you can choose which you want to include,
filter and sort as you see fit, when you are all done with that click "ok"
12. click "next arrange your labels" in the "mail merge" pane
13. click "address" in the "mail merge" pane to add an address field to your label
14. if you wish to add additional fields to your labels click "more items" in the "mail merge" pane, or skip to step 17
15. choose the field (same as column name from excel doc) that you want to get the data from and click "insert" then close the "insert Merge field" window
16. repeate steps 14 and 15, until you have added all of the fields where ever you want them in the document
17. click "update all labels" in the "mail merge" pane, this will apply your selected fields to the whole document
18. click "next preview your labels" in the "mail merge" pane
19. click the left and right double arrow buttons in the "mail merge" pane to scroll through the different recipients and your letter will update automatically with the correct fields filled in
20. When you are satisfied with the preview click "next complete merge" in the "mail merge" pane
21. A whole bunch of copies of your labels filled in will be created for the number of recipients you selected in step 11.
22. Now you can either print the labels or click "edit" in the "mail merge" pane to close it, you can then save the document for later work.
23. Please ACCEPT MY ANSWER, have a very happy holiday, A BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK would be very much appreciated

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Could it be 2016? I have Office 365 and microsoft 10

if you have office 365, the instructions may be a little different for opening documents and such, try above, and if necessary we will do a remote session

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm following the instructions until I got to Mail Merge "use an existing List" and I click "browse." to find the Excel file. I can't find the Excel file! I don't want to be "walked through this " because I will never remember how in the future! Please tell me how to find the Excel file that has my addresses in it!

i can't tell you how to find the file, because I don't know where you would have saved it on your computer. Most people save in my documents or documents folders. But this is your computer so you should know best where you saved files

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Well, I saved it as an Excel file ca/led "Canner.Village.Mailing List 06.2015.xlsx" but when I click on Browser I can't find Excel folder! It opens in This PC windows8_OS(C:) users user Documents My data sources. Then I browsed but I don't know how to find Excel Folders

do you want to do a remote session

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, I think it is best if I struggle on my own!

well I gave you all of the instructions, it is really just a matter of finding your excel file and following the instructions. It is much easier if someone shows you, but since you don't want that option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME
  • IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION
  • TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HOW MUCH WILL I BE CHARGED TO RATE YOU?

just the cost of the question.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is that automatically $37.00? or Is the amount I pay, variable to the review rating I give you?

it is just whatever price you originally set. Keep in mind that I have no control over the billing, I am just a tech.

So if this is the original amount it would not change.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a related questions; now that I have the developed "addresses" for envelopes. (I originally asked for making labels but I managed to create the addresses for envelops.) But when I go to "print" the envelops, every other "envelope" is empty or blank. How do I get rid of (delete) the individual blank envelopes?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 11 months ago.

sorry I didn't get paid yet for the previous question. When I am we can start a new question

no reponse?