Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

With Windows XP I have a valid Microsoft OFFICE 2013. When I

Customer Question

With Windows XP I have a valid Microsoft OFFICE 2013. When I updated to Windows 10 OFFICE 2013 would not work properly. I attempted to REPAIR it as advised and now I cannot even get into it and I also attempted to ACTIVATE and it will not activate. HELP
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Richard.

What exactly happens when you try to access an office program?

what error do you receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first tried it after upgrading to Windows 10 it said that it was not a valid version and I kept getting the message to repair it so I did, selecting the online option and after it downloaded it now wants me to reactivate it which I tried online and was told that it was not a valid installation. I have another disk with XP on it with the original installation and when I go back to it OFFICE works correctly without any errors. I cannot even get any office 2013 program to run now as it continues to want me to reactivate it saying that is not a valid installation......help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I was able to get to it, prior to doing the online repair, it said (at the top of the program...word...) that it was a non-commercial unregistered version. Now that I have repaired it I cannot even get it to open without the request to reactivate it. I tried the online reactivation and it says that it cannot complete and I also called and input the installation ID and it says that it is not a valid installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased OFFICE 2013 through the company I work for and had no problems installing it and getting it working and activated under Windows XP. After updating to Windows 10 it began giving problems.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then its needing you to reinstall it again.

you received it from the company, but how? As a download, a disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DOWNLOAD.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you still have the product key they gave you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received an email from my company with a link to download it, again, it is working under XP fine, it now says that it is an unlicensed product under Windows 10 and that started the day that I upgraded to 10 although I was still able to use it. Now that I have tried to repair it I cannot even open any of the programs...except OUTLOOK where my emails are although it says I need to repair that also.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you still have this link correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get that information when I go to work in a couple of hours, it is on my work system. I do not have it available here. If I go back to my XP system (I cloned my system prior to updating to Windows 10 in case disaster occurred...which it did not except for OFFICE 2013). Is it possible to retrieve the key from the XP system or do I just need to dump Windows 10 and go back to XP...which is licensed to me, activated, and has the working copy of OFFICE 2013 on it...also licensed to me?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You can get the key from XP by using this program

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Which is free

I marked this question to never close so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you