Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I received an invite to add me to a friends professional

Customer Question

I received an invite to add me to a friends professional network on LinkedIn. Instead of the normal "Accept" button, I was provided with a "Confirm that you know" button. I activated the button to confirm and received a log-in form. I noticed that my account name on this request was misspelled, so I used my normal log-in and the next form wanted me to open a new account. As I did not want to open another account, I logged-out. When I went to re-open my original account, that I had opened 15 minutes before. I found that my account had been overwritten and wiped out. As it took me ~1 hour to find this help capability, I am very disgusted with this process!
Is it possible to retrieve my original account? Please let me know!
My name is "Les Nikodem", and my LinkedIn log-in email is "*****@******.***" which is my company's email. My alternate email is "*****@******.***"
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I have checked your account availability and it appears that it is. What happened after your signed in to your account? How did you know that it was wiped out? I believe it is still intact. If you are unable to access the account, you can reset it to regain access to it.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, Sorry, I lost this page (I did not save it) during a Microsoft update & restart.
When I use the normal login it takes me to a new "getting started account". How do I reset it to gain access?
Thanks, Les
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Les,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issues.

In order to reset your original account, please do the following:

1. Using your computer web browser, please visit this link:
    https://www.linkedin.com/uas/request-password-reset?trk=uno-reg-guest-home-forgot-password
  2. In the page that appears, enter your email address and then follow the on screen procedures.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess