NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Every time I quote someone or something, the quotation is

Customer Question

Every time I quote someone or something, the quotation mark is shaped like the end quote. How can I get the correct quotation mark?
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every time I quote someone or something, the beginning quotation mark is shaped like the end quote. How do I get the correct quotation mark.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Which program or software is this happening? Is it is Microsoft Word? MS Publisher? Quark Express?

Also, are you using a Windows computer? or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Microsoft Word 2010, I believe, and I am using Windows.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Please try these steps:

1. In your MS Word, when you are to type the opening quote, please type the opening and closing quote in sequence.
  2. Are they showing correct quotes this time? Or is the first quote still showing and end quote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still showing the end quote. I have tried typing the quotations marks more than once - """ - but I keep getting either the end quotes whether I do it "right away, or at the end of a sentence".
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please check your computer language settings? You can find it at the bottom right corner of the screen. Is it set to US EN or UK?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After going to settings, I learned that my computer is set on the United States. I do not have time today - I'm leaving my office soon - but I'll contact you back Monday if I want you to handle this by remote control. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fixed the problem. So I will not need your assistance any more.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for writing back with that information. I am glad that your problem is now fixed. Was it fixed by setting your computer language to US English or UK English?

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess