NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Looking to create a pivot table with large amount of data.

Customer Question

Looking to create a pivot table with large amount of data. Using the raw data, I need to learn how to create visuals to show:
a. Same store sales/traffic growth (year over year growth patterns for stores open >12 months)
b. Avg daily/weekly/monthly traffic per store
c. Project/Forecast the total traffic volume and total sales volume that the company will experience during the month of December.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The end result would preferably be multiple pivot tables that were linked together in a single page visual display. Thanks
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I take a look at the spreadsheet so that I can create the tables for you?

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

The link above is found here: http://www.wikisend.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason.the link to the data download is: http://wikisend.com/download/923736/Data Set - Traffic (1).xlsxPlease let me know if this works thanks.

Thank you.

I have the document. Please, describe which values(columns) you will be using in each table.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the values I need are the Adjusted Foot Traffic averages per location (daily, weekly, monthly avg.) Also will need to compare those numbers (on same graph) with YOY growth/decline for each store location.I would like to be able to use 'Slices' to quickly choose and compare these numbers between regions, divisions, and storesDoes that make sense?

I don't know what the terms YOY and others mean. I am asking which columns will be in each table. For example, your answer may be, "For Table A, the following columns will be used: A, B, & J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOY = year over year growth). To be honest I've never made a pivot table and don't know which variable will be best used with what. I was hoping someone at this website would know how to calculate daily/monthly/weekly averages based on the given data.

I very advanced in Excel, Pivot Tables, and Math. Once I understand what you need, I can do this for you. What are you averaging? Are you using values for TmoSAP, Traffic, AdjustedTraffic, MinutesStaff, or something else? The reason I need to ask you these questions is because this is the first time I have seen this sheet. I know you are very familiar with it and understand it, but I only see unfamiliar value names.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification, and let me be more specific. The column that needs to be averaged is the Adjusted Traffic (this is the foot traffic totals for each store). I would like a graph that shows the daily/weekly/monthly averages for Adjusted Traffic and to be able to compare (with Slices) the different Division and Regions. Please let me know if that makes sense.

Thank you for the clarification as well. When you say that the column needs to be 'averaged', what does that mean? Do you need the averages for each month compared to other years, years to years, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking to calculate Daily Adjusted Foottraffic, Weekly Adjusted Foot traffic, and Monthly Adjusted Foot Traffic (For each store). I also need to compare that with last year's averages (maybe as a combined chart w/ percentage changes?) I'm not sure what would be easiest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just so we're on the same page, here is exactly what my assignment is:1. Create a traffic report to provide insights into actual traffic patterns (growth/decline) over recent history. Charts, graphs, and tables to present the data and/or clarify your insights are recommended. If possible, build the report with the capability to drill down to individual divisions, regions, or stores. Consider some of the following ideas for measuring traffic trends:a. Same store sales/traffic growth (year over year growth patterns for stores open >12 months)b. Avg daily/weekly/monthly traffic per store
2. Project/Forecast the total traffic volume and total opps volume that the company will experience during the month of December.

Thank you for the update. It looks like the first part of the task was not included on this page, initially. This appears to be a homework question. I will submit this to the correct category.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I understand it's formatted as a homework question, but this is for my job. I need to learn how to create a report using pivot tables.