Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I have a Microsoft 210 home and student on my HP computer,

Customer Question

I have a Microsoft 210 home and student on my HP computer, which just crashed I am purchasing a new computer. Question: can i transfer my 2010 office key 9994 869576-240 to the new computer. If so how? the #869 may not be correct, I can barely read it. Xxxx Xxxxxxx
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

The answer is YES, you CAN transfer your Product key from ONE computer to ANOTHER.

.

However, you can ONLY use the product key for ONE computer at a time......so you MAY have to call microsoft to let them know, that you are doing this. As they take records of what computer was assigned THAT SPECIFIC product key. Now, sometimes it will auto update, and sometimes it wont, and in the case that it wont....when you try to enter the product key for Office 2010 on your new computer....it just wont work, and you will have to call microsoft to clear up the assignment.

.

Make Sense?