NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I use this code =INDEX(:,SMALL(IF(A2:A1000<1,

Customer Question

I use this code =INDEX(B:B,SMALL(IF(A2:A1000<1, ROW(A2:A1000)),RANDBETWEEN(1, COUNTIF(A2:A1000,"<1")))) to pick a random cell from the b column that doesnt have 100% set in the a column. This works in excel on a laptop if you press ctrl+shift+enter right after pasting it. I just purchased a tablet and istalled the excel mobile app. This code doesn't work on a tablet because ctrl is missing on the keyboard to perform cse and I learnd you apparently cannot use formulas on excel mobile anyway. Someone told me that maybe it could be converted to an "aggregate"? Which ever method it takes I just need this code/concept to work on excel mobile specifically. Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
use this code =INDEX(B:B,SMALL(IF(A2:A1000<1, ROW(A2:A1000)),RANDBETWEEN(1, COUNTIF(A2:A1000,"<1")))) to pick a random cell from the b column that doesnt have 100% set in the a column. This works in excel on a laptop if you press ctrl+shift+enter right after pasting it. I just purchased a tablet and istalled the excel mobile app. This code doesn't work on a tablet because ctrl is missing on the keyboard to perform cse and I learnd you apparently cannot use formulas on excel mobile anyway. Someone told me that maybe it could be converted to an "aggregate"? Which ever method it takes I just need this code/concept to work on excel mobile specifically. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please send me a sample copy or dummy of your Excel file so that I can check your array formula and convert it into an aggregate? You can use the paper clip icon to attach the file when you reply, or you can upload it to http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download link.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please give me a moment to check the file and work on the aggregate conversion.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Is this a correct sample file? All the percentages in column A is 0%. Also, is the formula used only on the top cell in column B?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, this is a new list so all of the tasks are 0% complete. B1 is the only place the code is used. I just realized my original question did paste correctly and is incorrect. I will copy it again so you know exactly what i'm trying to do... Hold on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant this as the original question:
I use this code =INDEX(B:B,SMALL(IF(A2:A1000<1, ROW(A2:A1000)),RANDBETWEEN(1, COUNTIF(A2:A1000,"<1")))) to pick a random cell from the b column that doesnt have 100% set in the a column. This works in excel on a laptop if you press ctrl+shift+enter right after pasting it. I just purchased a tablet and istalled the excel mobile app. This code doesn't work on a tablet because ctrl is missing on the keyboard to perform cse and I learned you apparently cannot use formulas on excel mobile anyway. Someone told me that maybe it could be converted to an "aggregate"? Which ever method it takes I just need this code/concept to work on excel mobile specifically.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you for that information. Please give me a moment to work on the conversion to aggregate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Argh. something's wrong and it wont let me send the entire question. Here is snapshot
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I have seen your full question already.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not have to be an aggregate specifically. I simply need cell B1 to pick some random cell's text from B2 down if the cell left from 'x picked cell' (column A2 down) is less than 100 every time i hit calculate. I only want the code to take up one cell, B1 please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On second thought, never mind. Can I just have refund if I was charged already please?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I was working on the aggregate as I thought it is what you required and I also work on other options. But yes, we can close this question and request for your refund instead.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess