Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Office expert
50836188

I want to send email updates to a several groups of people.

Customer Question

I want to send email updates to a several groups of people. How do I create a group email so I don’t have to type each persons name every time? I just want to type, "Client name".
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Which email program are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook on my Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the SLA in getting an answer.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I apologize -- My connection was lost.

1. In Contacts, on the Home tab, in the New group, click New Contact Group.

2. In the Name box, type a name for the Contact Group.

3. On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click From Outlook Contacts, From Address Book or New Email Contact.

4. If you are adding a new email contact, enter the information for the person in the Add New Member dialog box.

If you are adding a member from Outlook Contacts or an Address Book, do the following:

1. In the Address Book drop-down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses that you want to include in your Contact Group.

2. In the list of names, click the names that you want, and then click Members. You can add names from different address books to the same Contact Group.

5. Do this for each person whom you want to add to the Contact Group, and then click OK.

The Contact Group is saved in your Contacts folder under the name that you give it.

• Create a Contact Group by copying names from an email message

1. In the message that you want to copy the names from, click the names in the To or Cc box.

2. Right-click your selection, and then click Copy.

3. In Mail, on the Home tab, in the New group, click New Items, then click More Items, and then click Contact Group.

4. In the Name box, type a name for the Contact Group.

5. On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click either From Outlook Contacts or From Address Book.

6. At the bottom of the Select Members dialog box, in the Members box, right-click, and then click Paste.

NOTE A member doesn’t have to be in your Address Book to be added to the Contact Group. The member's name and email address are included when you copy and paste from the original email message.

Top of Page

Add a Contact Group received from someone

When you receive a message that includes a Contact Group that you want to use, you can save it to your Contacts.

1. Open the message that contains the Contact Group.

2. In the To or Cc box, right-click the Contact Group, and then click Add to Outlook Contacts.

Top of Page

Add or delete a name in a Contact Group

Show me the names in a Contact Group

Do one of the following:

• View the names in the Address Book

1. In a new message, click To.

2. In the Address Book drop-down list, click the address book that contains the Contact Group that you want information about.

3. Browse for the name of the Contact Group, or type it in the Search box.

4. In the Name list, right-click the Contact Group that you want, and then click Properties.

• View the names in the header of a message or meeting request

1. In the To box, click the plus sign (+) next to the name of the Contact Group.

NOTE After the list is expanded, you can’t collapse the list again in that message.

1. In Contacts, open the Contact Group.

NOTE In list views, Contact Groups are marked with the Contact Group icon.

2. Do one or more of the following:

• Add an address from an address book or a contacts folder

1. On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click From Outlook Contacts or From Address Book.

2. In the Address Book drop-down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses that you want in your Contact Group.

3. Browse for the name that you want, or type it in the Search box.

4. In the Name list, click the name, and then click Members. Do this for each person whom you want to add to the Contact Group, and then click OK.

• Add an address that is not in a contacts folder or an address book

1. On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click New E-mail Contact.

2. Type the information for the email address, and then click OK.

• Remove a name

1. In the list of names, click the name that you want to remove, and then on the Contact Group tab, in theMembers group, click Remove Member.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My icon and option for Contract Group is shaded. How do I activate that feature?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Would you be okay if I connected to your computer?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.