Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I had Publisher 2003 installed on PC #1 which crashed with a

Customer Question

I had Publisher 2003 installed on PC #1 which crashed with a dead motherboard. Set up the new backup PC that I had in the box for several years. Installed Publisher on PC #2, and it crashed in two days. Purchased PC #3 and tried to install Publisher.
On activation, I got the 'activated up the limit of the product key' message. Tried the phone activation and but it is 'no longer supported for this version'.
Is there anything I can do besides spending the money to buy a newer version?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Bill

Please do not shoot the messenger but if they have indicated they will not reset the counter due to a lack of support, then the only legal option would be to purchase it again sorry, there is no "legal" way to bypass this sorry.

It is not right and I can sympathies with this, but its a policy Microsoft have in place.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome Bill

If you need anything else from me, please let me know

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you