buckt85
buckt85, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have worked in the field for several years. working with hardware, software, security, and various other things.
72747304

On 10 20 2015 office 365 confirmed my renewal but said they

Customer Question

On 10 20 2015 office 365 confirmed my renewal but said they were unable to access my credit card that is on file. My new card NO . a Visa, No is as follows XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Exp.date is10-17 and security code is XXXXXXXX.
Microsoft should be able to get payment with that number.
You are asking for a code. I have no idea what that is.
Neil XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Neil and welcome

Are you still able to use Office now?

Expert:  buckt85 replied 1 year ago.

Neil, Below is a link that should get you sorted out. Follow the instructions there to update your payment method for office 365 if it is still down. Also, For future reference, it is ill advised to type out your credit card information on any kind of forum. Luckily it looks like the filters on JA filtered out any vulnerable information this time.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Update-your-credit-card-information-for-Office-365-for-business-30ba9c83-50d8-4020-90ed-830a5b8c8724

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil,

I want to make sure your not a victim of a fraud attack here, so before rushing in with any payments, please reply to my question about whether you can still use Office or not?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard:Sorrry, I got interrupted and had to leave for quite a while. The answer is, I haven't used Office for quite a while. I'd like to have it available if I do have use it. I'm not on line very often as you can tell. I'm still mystified about code numbers. Can't say as I've ever used them.Neil
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Neil, I just wanted to make sure you were not the victim of a fraudulent email

Click on my link below please and sign into your account there

office.com

Sign in in the top right and Choose the app launcher icon in the upper-left (the nine dots) and then choose Admin.

Then make sure to switch to Admin

Go to the Subscriptions page:

Choose Billing > Subscriptions, or

Under billing, choose View and edit subscriptions

Select the subscription you bought with the card you want to update, and then choose Change payment details.

On the Change payment details page, choose Edit credit card details.

Update your credit card info and then choose Submit.

This will update your payment details with the correct information

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard:This has gotten all out of hand. I had Office that was supposed to renew automatically from my credit card. Then the card changed for protection purposes. Apparently you folks were not aware, and after I got a notice that the renewal was in progress, I got a further notice via e-mail that my credit card was not working. All I was trying to do was up dating you to the new number I currently have. Then - - - Mega memos and choices etc. etc. ! !My action is - - - I'll just let the Office die a natural death. I guess I won't miss it very much because I can't remember the last time I used it. It's all pretty much Greek to me, I don't twiter facebook etc. etc. so whats the big deal on no office? I have no wireless devices. Guess it's bye bye . Thanks for the help which left me confused.Neil
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, not sure why you had the issues you did Neil as the instructions I provided were step by step to updating your credit card details...

I even offered to connect to your computer and do this with you if you wished.. The problem is for one reason or another your details are not correct or your card company is rejecting them.

But if you do not use Office you can leave it. I marked this question to never close so you can always come back here to me for assistance.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Expert:  buckt85 replied 1 year ago.

Neil, I think you may have easier luck calling the support number for Microsoft Office 365. They will most likely be able to just change your Credit Card Information to cut out the middle man confusion here. Their support number is *****(###) ###-#### ***** luck! :)