caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

I am having an issue with embedded Excel tables in Word in

Customer Question

Good morning. I am having an issue with embedded Excel tables in Word in Office 2013. When financial statements are printed, the text in the tables gets distorted unless you manually update the link by right clicking. I have encountered the same issue in Office 2007 and was able to resolve it by adding the QFE_Boston key to the registry. However this fix does not work for Office 2013. Do you have any ideas on how make the tables print correctly? Thanks
Troy
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.Can we please do a test greate a new Word 2013 file and a Excel 2013 file, and insert the Excel file as object in Word to test and see if it works. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That does not resolve the issue
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the feedback..Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The files I am working with are files I have successfully printed without issue in the past in Office 2007. Now printing the same documents in Office 2013 I get the distortion in the fonts. This happens on multiple machines, consistently. It used to happen in Office 2007 until I found the fix I posted with my original question. Now it is happening in Office 2013
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have scoured the internet and keep finding the same solution, add QFE_Boston to the correct place in the registry. This fix does not work for Office 2013 but apparently does for all previous versions including Office 2010
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

And you have disable add-ins in both Excel and Word.

Click File menu, click Options > Add-in, click Go button in the Manage: Com-in Add.

Check if there is any add-in; clear the checkbox to disable it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have disabled all add-ins as one of my troubleshooting steps. From what I've read, this has been a known issue in MS Office since at least Office 2003. Adding in the registry key resolved the issue until Office 2013. Now it does not
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the feedback. I will Opted Out, opening the case to another Expert to see if we can help to fix this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I think I am all set. I was hoping for an immediate answer. Please release any holds you have on my bank account