Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I am using Word 2010 and embedding Excel 2010 tables. I have

Customer Question

Hi Adam. I am using Word 2010 and embedding Excel 2010 tables. I have done this for ages. Lately, when I edit the table, it looks just the way I want it to and then when I click off, the font changes to bold and I can barely read it. On occasion, the text appears to be stretched.I don't know how to make it look the same.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There might be several reasons for the problem. I'll mention several of them in brief:

- the Normal template might be corrupted.

- the template for the Word document might be corrupted enough to cause the problem.

and, additionally, one might 'get back' to the former version of either or both templates, by doing a System Restore.

And also (the reverse way to attempt a fix) one could check whether Windows Update finds any updates for Word 2010 and offers a fix once the update(s) found is/are applied.

If you need details on any of those approaches to the problem, on how to perform or how to deal with the options presented, let me know.