NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

My company uses Microsoft Windows based computers and a

Customer Question

My company uses Microsoft Windows based computers and a Windows domain based network with active directory authentication. We have computers in conference rooms setup for individuals to login using their active directory account. If an individual hasn't logged in to a conference room computer for a while (seems like about 1-2 weeks) then the log in process can take several minutes to complete. Whereas if that same user logs in regularly to the same desktop computer it will take seconds. This can be problematic when trying to start a meeting. I'm looking for suggestions/ideas/clues as to what is going on exactly and what can I do to reduce login time on these conference room computers. It is a requirement that login uses the employees individual accounts so shared accounts for conference computers is not an option.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Without seeing the problem in action, it may be a bit difficult to pinpoint the problem. If you wish, I can remote into the computer system, analyze the issue quickly, and fix the problem. This particular problem have have several different culprits. My first thought is that you have some sort of quota setup to limit the amount of space used by the profiles or limit set on how many accounts it will store on the local machine. When you log into the computer via the AD authentication, is a profile created on the computer, locally? When you log in, what all is setup in the login script?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can arrange to habe you remote in tomorrow. The problem is that the issue isn't easy to reproduce so not sure what you can do with remote access to machine. And since this happens on all conference computers, it's not something that is specific to any one machine. Profiles are created locally - i think. Not sure all of what is in login script but can get it tomorrow as well.

When you are ready to begin tomorrow, come back to this page and post a message. Be sure not to create a duplicate question; you can just come back to this page.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your offer to help. We appear to have resolved the issue in our own.

Thank you