IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have microsoft publisher 2010. It wont open a file as it

Customer Question

Hi I have microsoft publisher 2010. It wont open a file as it says it detected a problem. what can I do? it wont let me save it as a .pdf either.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

Please tell me if the problem is with only one Publisher file, or you cannot open any of them.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is only with this one file. Others open up ok.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In that case, please attach the affected file here so that I can attempt to recover it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent my details / number. Are you located in Australia or overseas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok lets try this again, is there another email address that I can attach this file to to send to you? For some reason it is not happening here.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, I cannot provide phone assistance.

If you cannot use the paper clip icon here to upload the file, please upload to Wikisend.

Follow these instructions:

1. Go to http://www.wikisend.com

2. Click the Browse... button

3. Locate the file to upload and then lick the Upload file button

4. Wait until the file has been uploaded and you will see the File ID and the download link

Copy and paste that File ID and/or download link here so that I can download the file you uploaded.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/316358/2015OctNov2.pub[URL=http://wikisend.com/download/316358/2015OctNov2.pub]2015OctNov2.pub[/URL]
Sorry that this is a large file but it is normally reduced when I pdf it. Even if I can get a hard copy of the pagess that will help with the recreation of the file. Thanks in advance. Marg
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, I will check it now.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I have analyzed the attached Publisher file and, unfortunately, data corruption was found. I am not sure what the cause of it really was, but I did my best to try to recover as much data as possible.

I am not sure how many pages or pictures the original Publisher file contained, but I was able to recover something.

You can download the recovered document on this link:

http://tinyurl.com/ozsvzt5

It is a zip file containing the recovered document in both PDF and RTF format.

I am sorry if there was something else, but unfortunately, that is all it could be recovered.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a few of the pictures from a couple of pages that are in each magazine. Thanks for trying though.Lesson save everything first word and then import. Backups/copies of this doc haven't helped me this time.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry if you lost the important work!

My advice is to create several editions of the document. For example, instead of saving the changes into only one Publisher document using the standard "Save" option, create another by choosing the "Save As" option every time you make a lot of changes.

That will assure you to have a way of recovering most of the work in case it gets corrupted again.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

In case there is anything else I can help you with, let me know here.

Regards,