Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

Once I have made the document I go to save & send & send

Customer Question

Hi Experts,
Once I have made the document I go to save & send & send current page,
I send it to myself & it appears to arrive alright but when I forward it on in bulk emails it splits apart [ for the want of a better meaning } I'm using Microsoft outlook can you resolve this problem.
Regards ***** *****
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Can you please explain the little bit more detail what you mean when you say that it splits apart?

also, when you send it in bulk emails are you sending it from Outlook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael ,
Yes I bulk through Outlook,
Please find attached 2 JPEG's " Antique mirrors bad" is what the email comes at the other end
"Antique Mirror ,colour & aged "is what I'm sending in a JPEG file
Regards ***** *****

the way this is coming out on the other end is influenced by the resolution of what it's being printed with. This looks like it's just a bad print out of the email. also, if I look to the right of copper red there is some inconsistency there in the good picture. It's possible that there's something wrong with the image itself. What are you composing the image in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clean the images up in photo shop.
But it's not just this fliers but all of the fliers that I have put together this year.
I find that if I put a Jpeg on the page it is ok but of course the hyper links & email links don't work.
I may be wrong but they appear to break apart around the text boxers
Reg Rob Hawkins

it wouldn't be Outlook that changes the files. Unless it's compressing them. But it it wouldn't cause it to break per se although it may cause the resolution to be decreased. You can turn off image compression in office

since they are composed with the word as the editor I would set that setting in word. Also, when you save them or export them in Photoshop make sure they are all one layer – it should flatten the image into one layer taking any guesswork out of rendering the image later on.

1. Click the File tab.

2. Under Help, click Options, and then click Advanced.

3. Next to Image Size and Quality, click the file that you want to turn off picture compression for.

4. Under Image Size and Quality, select the Do not compress images in file check box.