Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Using publisher 2016 to create business card. it seems there

Customer Question

using publisher 2016 to create business card. it seems there is a limit as to how
much data/info can be on the card ? ? Have text and two graphics and it works
just fine. add the 3rd graphic and it will no longer print. trys to load it and
then just hangs up, have to restart publisher.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a Print Preview - if that locks up for whatever reason, with the addition of the third graphic, the way the print jobs cause the program to hang up - and see whether the third graphic is basically wrong in one of the following ways:

1. the third graphic might be of the wrong file type. File types are JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, and others. Some file types might not be compatible with this particular program version, etc.

or

2. too large, or with too many colors. Consider that some file types have a larger color spectrum than others, for instance GIF files generally have a lower number of colors possible to render with them. Putting a file with a large color palette into a context where all the colors have to be reduced to a simpler presentation, means processing overloads, and that processing overload could cause a program to apparently lock up (and it might be, that a patient wait of 5 minutes would let the program snap out of its apparent lock up, if it is really just a processing overload that will, eventually, come to an end.)