NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am uploading package tracking numbers to an CVS file. When

Customer Question

I am uploading package tracking numbers to an CVS file. When I copy and past the number into the correct cell, the number turns into an equation. How can I format the document or column so that the tracking numbers read as number and not equations?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please give me a sample tracking number that you are entering to a cell and tell me also the "equation" that this tracking number has become?

Also, if you can send me a copy of the Excel file, it will be very helpful so that I can work on the file directly and it back to you when done. You can use the paper clip icon in the reply box to attach the sample Excel file.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess,I have attached the CSV file with the tracking numbers that I referenced in column R. I need to upload this form to a merchant website so their system can read the tracking numbers and know the package has been shipping. When I cut and past the tracking numbers into the cells for column R, the numbers turn into an equation that is not recognized by the website's system. So they cannot read the tracking number and they are not able to verify the package has been shipped.I was instructed by the website to enter the tracking information and then save it as an excel form, then resave it again as a CSV file. Can you help me understand how to format these numbers so I can do this on a daily basis? The form is attached.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back. Please give me a moment to check the attached file

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

In the sample file you gave me, what exactly is the tracking number that you entered before it was transformed?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Just give me few tracking numbers as a sample so that I can check the pattern

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am referring to the tracking numbers in R. For instance, it is now showing 9.40011E+21 in cell R2. But what exactly is the tracking number that you entered there that automatically changed to 9.40011E+21?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tracking for line 10: 9400111899563479624873tracking for line 9: 9400111899563479624880
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you would like more tracking numbers
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with the samples of your tracking numbers. Please give me a moment to set your excel file correctly.