NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Is excel able to filter a pivot table with a linked cells

Customer Question

is excel able to filter a pivot table with a linked cells value that is not in the table? if so how would I do that.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Can you send me a sample or dummy Excel file (just remove sensitive information) showing the problem so that I can directly check and test it from my end?

You can use the paper clip icon to attach the sample file when you reply.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know if it is able to be done. I have csv that i have opened in excel format with colmns locid,amount and one cell with one row that is the current location id. (This location id is only on the file in one cell.) I have made a table on that wookbook on the same sheet that has many rows of data that will refresh every 5 minutes (locid and amount) I would like to filter the table based on the value that is in the current location id to display only current location amounts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here you go quick example
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the sample file. Please give me a moment to check your requirements.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Jess