WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist
21171802

I work in a hospital and have to review a daily spreadsheet

Customer Question

I work in a hospital and have to review a daily spreadsheet that represents daily medications ordered (white rows) and the administration of those medication orders (blue rows). There are times when there will be, for example, 3 orders for tylenol but only two administrations, which means on the following day the oppisite should occur.
Is there anyway to remove orders and admin duplicates and only leave non matching rows in the spreadsheet?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help answer your question.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

There are a couple of ways to filter or remove duplicate rows, it does involve using the filtering feature in Excel.

Follow the steps in this link to remove / filter the duplicate rows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Filter-for-unique-values-or-remove-duplicate-values-ccf664b0-81d6-449b-bbe1-8daaec1e83c2

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not remove both entries. I am trying to leave only non matching items. Formatting is not working for me either. I'll just buy a book - move on to someone else
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that the filtering did not work.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, The filtering does not resolve formatting.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help and rate my answer based on your satisfaction. Thank you.