Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I signed in change from Microsoft 7 to 10. I am being asked

Customer Question

I signed in for a change from Microsoft 7 to 10. I am being asked for a User Name and a Password. I put in the data I had and it was rejected. I have done this many times and can't seem to succeed in getting the entry.
Can you help? I am 85 yaars old and would appreciate patience. and get a person to talk to for help
Thabnks,
Alfred Horaist (###) ###-####
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Sometime during the upgrade, you must have been asked to create an account, or to say who you were, or some such.

That would have been used to create an account on the new install of Windows.

(The previous user account should still be on the computer though. Check to make sure your CapsLock light is not On, if it is, turn it Off by pressing CapsLock once.)

Try, as username and password, whatever you would have entered when asked for a name, or an account name, on the new Windows install.