Zabo04
Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Experienced in Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
58597962

I need to get a formula that was created put into a

Customer Question

I need to get a formula that was created put into a spreadsheet and in 3 different columns. Can I email to you
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

not sure what you are asking? Can you attach a sample file of your goal.

YOu can attach a file using the paperclip icon at the top of this chat window

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on my phone and my work computer can't access this site which is why I'm trying to email you. Anyway we could do that?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

you can send an email to***@******.*** and say you need to send me a file in relation to this question. However you should note, it may take some time for them to get the file to me.

However not sure how you would send me a file from a phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thus my problem. Give me a few minutes. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent. Subject is to:the-pc-guy
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

they sent your file to me, what is it you are trying to accomplish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The file named eo formula has the formula I need put into the blank road map. I have it input on the days columns but it wouldn't work properly in the swing or sunrise columns
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

i don't understand what do you want your formula to do? What is your goal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The goal is for me to be able to put in Start Times and an Out time and figure out how many hours the company saved (EO), or OT hours were had. The formula is already made in the EO Formula with Macros spreadsheet, however I need it essentially copied over and adjusted so that it works in each shifts part of the spreadsheet, Days, Swing, and Sunrise. The formula is created, I just don't know how to adjust it properly for it to work on each shift.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

ok, tell me which formula to copy, from which cells to which cells, and where you want the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the formula is set up properly in the "Days" part of the spreadsheet. I tried to set it up in the "Swing" part of the spreadsheet however it is basing it's decisions off of what employee type "Column D" was chosen for Days. I need it to base it's decisions based off of what the employee type is in "Column O". Then I need the whole formula copied over to "Sunrise" so that it figures everything out based off of the information in under "Sunrise". So the Start Time, Time Out, Employee Type and all of that under the "Sunrise" part of the spreadsheet.Once that is completed, I need the Macros set up, like it is in the "EO Formula with Macros" spreadsheet, which allows someone to type in a time (say 18:00), without putting in the colon, and the spreadsheet automatically adds the colon. So if I type in 1900, in would automatically change it to 19:00 for me.Thanks!
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

after reviewing my workload, I think it would be best if I opened this question to other experts.

You do not need to do anything and the next expert will be able to see everything, so you wont need to explain it again.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I did not answer this earlier, I did not get an e-mail until last night, and it should have come immediately. JustAnswer had sent me the files and I asked what was happening and what I got back was:

I'm sorry for the confusion, I forwarded the photos to you by mistake. It is intended to be forwarded to Expert The-PC-Guy.

If there's anything more I can do to assist you today, please be sure to let me know.

I have the files, I will start looking at them now.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I think I fixed it. xslx file without macros is attached below. Here is the link to the xlsm file with the macros in for all six applicable columns: http://www.mediafire.com/view/kw0l4i6z7wu4z2h/Gradys_blank_road_map_rev01.xlsm

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Just so you know. On JustAnswer, when it does not allow you to attach a file or the link does not work and you need to get it to someone, there are two free services you can use to upload to and then copy and paste the address to allow downloads, wikisend.com or mediafire.com. Wikisend you put it up and get the http address and it stay sup for like 7 days, no account needed. On Mediafire you can upload and share and use passwords, but it requires an account. Customers typically use wikisend because it's free and simple, I use mediafire because I do this a lot (and I can upload files I may want when I travel). Just FYI.

Let me know how those two files work for you and what else you need. Sorry again for not seeing this question pop earlier.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey looks good. After line 50 in the swing column it starts appearing as ###### ***** the Start Time column, and it shows as 6:00:00 pm in the Time Out column. I Didn't check sunrise but it may have the same issue as well. Can you help?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

yes.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

It was a formatting issue. The formatting was set to general, I shifted it to time (specifically the time that gives the 13:30 example in the additional number formats when you click format). Here is a link to the xlsm: http://www.mediafire.com/view/by8nei3ocahehv8/Gradys_blank_road_map_rev02.xlsm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it goes into the next day it doesn't calculate. Say from 1800 to100. Get error on ot and eo side
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, that requires a much more complicated formula. I can work on that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh Lord. I'm sorry
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

It's fine, it's just going to be a massive formula.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Can I add a column, for hours, that calculates the hours of the shift. I guess you could always hide it later anyways, but it just makes it easier to see the formula.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whatever works
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

thank you, ***** ***** a whole lot easier.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

I did it for the Days, dealer without the extra column, just need to adjust the other columns, about 30 minutes to make sure I get everything.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

18:00 to 01:30 would to EO 0.5hrs right?

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how this is working for you and what else needs to be done. When I have answered your question fully, please remember to rate my service. Thank you.