Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a 2011 excel and it has some files brought from 1999

Customer Question

I have a 2011 excel and it has some files brought from 1999 can I transfer files from the last 5 years. My current cell will not hold files where I put time , they slide all over so Ido not want an update just a new excel to transfer from the old one . possible??
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Excel file issues. Are you using MS Excel 2011 for Mac?

Are these "old" Excel files stored in your local hard disk drive? Or in an external storage drive like a Flash or thumb drive?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you with these OLD Excel files issues while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, Ed Corkwell here, YES i am using a MS for Mac.The old files are on the hard drive The few files that are really old I can put on a thumb drive, no problem and That sounds best to me anyhow. BEcause I do use them often. Next, I have files out of place( only need to go back 5 years or maybe seven) and put them in the correct file. Sometimes a file is out of place and where it belongs as well. What I would really like is to put a new MS office in the compeer then put in what I want then uninstall the old one .
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for writing back with that information and thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Best regards,

Jess