Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Why are most of the 60 movies I have purchased constantly

Customer Question

Why are most of the 60 movies I have purchased constantly buffering when I am trying to watch them; and what can I do about it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the make and model of the device that your doing this on please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio E422AR
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Can you remove the power to your TV and the wireless router and wait 10 minutes.

Then power on the wireless router

Wait 5 minutes, then power on the TV, try to watch a movie and tell me if it still has the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will start the process now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I think I mentioned that I am not technologically adept. The way my system is set up has television, telephone, and internet all on the same box. I cannot tell which cable goes to router and which goes to TV, so I cannot do what you have asked me to do. I should mention that when I purchased all of these movies I selected the HDD version instead of the SD because I thought the picture would be better.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you just disconnect the power cables

So what is going into the power socket, nothing else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All cables are plugged into a surge protector. Do I just turn it off? That will disconnect my phone and internet and I cannot turn on router without turning on TV at same time instead of waiting 5 additional minutes. Also, I will lose all internet capability.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

correct, but you will get internet after you turn it back on, just leave this page open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whatever you say. will try and see what happens. It is difficult to tell so quickly. Normally it will play for a few minutes before it starts buffering but when it starts it does it every couple of seconds.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, please let me know the results.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you