Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I purchased a new laptop with windows 7 installed. installed

Customer Question

I purchased a new laptop with windows 7 installed. installed office Professional Plus 2013 from a file purchased from an online store in 2013. Upgraded to Windows 10 and every office product now requires Activation. My office products are telling me that the product is unlicenced.
Please help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel

Then click on Programs, uninstall a program

Click on Office then click on Change and then Repair

Choose online repair, let this complete and when it has, tell me if your office products are now working.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have repairs office professional pro 2013 but still can't activate outlook 2013. The only option I have is to enter a valid product key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry have repaired office professional pro 2013 but still can't activate outlook 2013. The only option I have is to enter a valid product key. I cannot find my original invoice which had the product key on it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then you have to get the product key, its the only option....

I am not being difficult but without putting the product key in again, it is not going to activate.

It is also nessesary if you ever need to download and install it again.

Contact the place of purchase, they will have a copy of your invoice with the product key on it, so you can get it again and you can store it correctly.

Else you would need to purchase office again, its the only option for your situation but they will have a copy of your invoice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that. To explain further. I purchased two x Office Pro 2010 licences in April 2011 from an Online shopWith the purchase I got an option to upgrade both licences for free to office professional pro 2013 when it became available.In August 2013 I took up the option and installed office 2013 on both laptops.In July 2015, I replaced my laptop and installed office 2013 from the original downloaded file. My wife has the other laptop (Windows 8.1 and Office Professional Pro 2013) and it is working perfectly. Can I use her Product Key ???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, not sure what you mean with tried that? You mean you could not get the key from them?

Try the product key though you used for your wife, is it accepted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wife on the road, will try later on this afternoon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, else you are going to need to get the original Product key and go through the same process you originally did. It is either that or purchasing office again.

But they should be able to get you the code, they have this on file as every invoice is stored.