Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I sent someone an email with an attachment that I want them

Customer Question

I sent someone an email with an attachment that I want them to be able to change. How do I do that? thanks!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of attachment is it, such as a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, etc.?
What happens when the recipient open your attachment file and edit it? Is there any error or message?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the recipient highlights the word/words he wants to change on the Word document I emailed him nothing happens

Thank you. Does he have a windows or mac computer?

Does he have Microsoft Office program (like you do)? If yes, can you tell him not to open your word document file right away, but tell him to download / save your attachment to a folder on his computer first, then open that folder, then open that word document file, then he should be able to edit it.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm signing off now and he will try what you suggested and get back to me. Thanks!

You're welcome. Whenever you can, please reply at the box below, and let me know the result. I will help further if there is still any issue. Thank you very much,